+7 Cams

+7 Cams having an absolute nightmare today 3 cams out of 5 offline Montana - Anita - Demira & Myagi are all offline

Very sloppy work they do in that places…

They are going offline because they are replacing the tripod cams with fixed to the wall cams.

2 Likes

We’re enforcing a ban for tripods and other temporary mounts from now on. This, hopefully, will help both for:

• Preventing cameras to fall off
  • Making managers think in advance before getting a place for participants
1 Like

Big breakthrough 4 years later. The next thing is to raise the level of the project but that is an utopia.

Whilst this sounds good at first. One of the big advantages of tripods is that they can be placed close to the area we all really want to see ie the bed or the couch.

With fixed cams, fixing them to the wall can result in the bed or couch being further away.

I personally would much prefer to see a close up angle than a fixed to the wall angle further away from what we want to see.

So I would ask @VHTV that you try to ensure the tripod ban does not result in worse views for your subscribers.

1 Like

thanks for the info

Here’s an example of what I mean. This is at the Pasha & Arina apartment

This picture was before when the cam was on a tripod

And this is the current fixed to the wall view

We will take that into consideration, but can’t promise it won’t negatively affect the image angle as you described in your example. We are, however, going to solve this problem once and for all as soon as we start installing our new cameras.

Obviously it’s worse than it was before, but well…

So if the tripod ban is likely to negatively affect the viewing experience of your customers, but the installation of your new camera’s will solve the problem. Then surely the sensible thing to do would be to delay the tripod ban until the new camera’s are ready to install.

so with all these cams going off line so often do we get free days to make up for it ? as we pay for all the cams and lots are down very often

Well the tripod ban is a good thing. It should motivate managers to think before chosing a place about setting up cams. Using tripods is just lazy. There are dozens of other ways to fix a cam and it does not look like shit. It also makes it harder for managers to relocate every three weeks as they have more work to fix cams from now on. And good cam setup begins with chosing a place. When I see I can’t deliver good views without tripods well in that case I have to chose a different place. I am sure it will lead to an increase in quality longterm. Well done @VHTV

Banning the tripods didn’t change anything for the better, as cams are still visible anyway; from what I see, the only difference at the moment is that cams are mounted on the boards which are nailed down to the wall; as @stanley said, they should have first replaced all cams, and then ban the tripods, because now in the larger flats we’ll again need binoculars to see anything (I don’t believe they gonna upgrade the equipment any time soon)

We’ll be watching how these changes unfold into user watching experience. Some of these may be reconsidered until we do ship new cameras everywhere.

ah this might be why demira and myagi’s cams are misid’d

That’s music to my ears. I have been asking for this for a very long time now :smiley: I am sure they are going to vastly improve the picture quality. Full HD cams with autofocus and automatic light correction can make a huge difference in our viewing experience. I hope it happens as soon as possible :blush:

now fixed.

Week and a half later. Ban huh?