Where are forum members from? (NOT participants!)

I tried to understand how to play, but it is not a sport that captivates me. I know that in the USA it is the favorite sport. Over here we prefer soccer.
World Champions :argentina: :argentina: :argentina:

2 Likes

Boca Junior or River plate ?:grinning: (or third one team…)

1 Like

The best: River. With all my heart <3

1 Like

:+1:cool!
I like the typical players “garra”

2 Likes

Hi from Luxembourg

8 Likes

Cape Town, South Africa.

7 Likes

Wasn’t sure if I wanted to take part in this discussion, but here goes…

England - North West, to be more accurate, but very well travelled…
I’ve been to a lot of the European countries through work/holidays, including Eire, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, France, Italy, Spain (+ Canaries and Balearics), Portugal, Malta, Greece (Crete, Corfu, Rhodes, & Kos), Turkey, Cyprus & Switzerland.
Also been to the USA, Tunisia, Egypt, the Gambia, Cape Verde Islands, & Dominican Republic, Antigua, St. Lucia, Grenada, St. Maarten, and Tortola (BVI).
Never managed to get to Germany yet, although I learnt German in school !!
I will soon add another country to my list - Montenegro, as I am going on a cruise that includes a stop in Kotor, plus a stop in Sicily, although I realise this is still Italy.
A bit cheeky perhaps, but the cruise also calls at Brindisi and Taranto in Italy - can any of our Italian friends on here tell me anything about these two stops on the cruise? Is it worth getting off the boat? Whilst in Italy before, it has always been in the north - around Lake Como and Lake Garda at Desenzano del Garda, plus Milan, Verona & Venice.

5 Likes

4 Likes

It’s a puzzle. My compatriots will know the city by recognizing the two blokes in the picture above. For everybody else, I assure you the post above contains all the information you need to find out the city. First one to tell me how they found out the dificult way gets a gold star.

1 Like

als landsmann ist mir der einfache weg möglich :grin: und als jemand, der beruflich viel mit google earth arbeitet hab ich mir den spaß gemacht, die stelle von dem foto zu finden.
als ‘bestätigung’ gibts ein Bild der gleichen stelle, aber ohne die schauspieler, und ohne Details zu nennen :slightly_smiling_face:

und auf meiner weltkarte hast du deinen marker bekommen :+1:

3 Likes

It’s a very nice city. But you had it easy. And before people start trying reverse image searches or facial recognition software, there’s an easier, old school way.

1 Like

dont recognise the 2 guys but do recognise the buildings from a recent trip its the principal market place in monster germany

1 Like

Monster is in the Netherlands, this is Münster :wink:

4 Likes

so i spelt it wrong , put me across your knee and spank me silly :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

as punishment you would have to hobble the 500 kilometers with your walker!
Old Man Animation GIF by Shilstone Arts

4 Likes

NW here too - Preston way

Kotor is amazing if you are into history. Also, there is a great BBQ place there. Cheap as chips and very, very good - you pick what you want and he cooks it for you. Come out of the walled town main entrance, cross the road and go left - follow your nose! Just a few hundred yards down on the right (BBQ Tanjga)

I’m lucky enough to be very well travelled too, both for work and leisure. Now retired so go away at least 6 times a year! I’ll be interested to hear about Brindisi too as will be there next month

2 Likes

Could start with M and end in R :wink:

No need for spanking, but you won’t get a gold star either, you just happened to know the place. :grin:

Seems nobody was clever enough to go down my little rabbit hole. The idea was that people would have to look into the source code of the post to find original title of the image file, which has been replaced by gibberish during upload. That filename is also the title of one of the tv movies in which the two guys solve m____rs, here in Münster.

Too slow, I saw that you just changed your answer. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Yeah got confused first :rofl: Often happens on here :wink:
You shouldn’t have read it so b___dy quick :joy:

1 Like