What's the best song you have heard today?

Today, Will (from Ariela’s apartment) put a beautiful playlist.

That’s one of the songs

6 Likes

Live performance

5 Likes

Just a little calm chaotic performance

3 Likes

Robbie Williams - She’s The One

Today I want to congratulate Robbie Williams who turned 50 today. He found fame as a member of the pop group Take That from 1990 to 1995, launching a solo career in 1996. His debut studio album, Life thru a Lens, was released in 1997. His second album I’ve Been Expecting You, featured the songs “Millennium” and “She’s the One”, his first number one singles.

3 Likes

Ding Dong the Bitch Is Gone - Ravenous Feast

Zager And Evans - In The Year 2525

Today I want to congratulate Denny Zager who is turning 80 years today. He is part of the legendary recording duo “Zager & Evans” who wrote “In The Year 2525,” the #1 song of 1969 and the biggest one-hit wonder of any artist at any time in recording history selling over 20 million records world wide.
Rev. Ivan Stang made this fantastic A.I. video for this classic song when he was 70 years last year.

3 Likes

ZZ Top - Legs

5 Likes

Hank Williams - Ramblin’ Man

3 Likes

Finbar Furey - I’ll Take A Glass

I’ll take a glass and I’ll raise it to all that I’ve said and done
Then I’ll sing and dance for the starlight night
Beneath the moon where love succumbed

Cheers, my friends :wine_glass: :heart:

3 Likes

i am not that much into covers and i am a fan of Jeff Lynn’s ELO
but i really like this version

Black Stone Cherry - Don’t Bring Me Down

and another religious work edited by Metallica

Metallica - Lux Æterna

1 Like

It’s a good cover, but the original still sounds better. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :heart:

3 Likes

Sum 41 - In Too Deep :palm_tree: :sunglasses: :metal:

1 Like

Bob Marley & The Wailers

While we’re at it with Bob Marley & The Wailers, let us also pay tribute to the band’s bass player Aston “Family Man” Barrett, who passed away Saturday two weeks ago aged 77. He was an important man in The Wailers. As well as being co-producer on their albums and often in charge of the song arrangements, he was usually considered the leader of the band.

Aston got the nickname “Family Man” early in his career, He kind of foresaw his role in the band, and simply started calling himself that. At the time he had no c___dren, but he then went on to be the f____r of 23 sons and 18 d______rs. That is 41 c___dren!

As a tribute to Aston, here he is, along with his brother Carlton, laying a solid bottom groove to some Positive Vibrations, something we are in dire need of currently, both in the world as well as in VHTV.

Thank you for the music Aston. May you be remembered

5 Likes

Gene Pitney - Something’s Gotten Hold of My Heart

Let us celebrate the memory of American singer Gene Pitney, who would have turned 84 today if he hadn’t passed away in 2006 at the age of 66. He had lots of songs charting between 1961 and 1975, several in the top 10 both in the US an UK.

However, he did not reach number 1 until 1989, when his duet with Marc Almond on Something’s Gotten Hold of My Heart hit the top spot in the UK. Personally I like the original better. So here’s to the memory of Gene Pitney. Damn, what a voice!

4 Likes

Chumbawamba - A Man Walks Into A Bar

Tubthumping is a fun song but I strongly recommend everyone listen to the rest of Chumbawamba’s music.

1 Like

They are fighting for our freedom, not just theirs, - U2 leader calls on the US to help Ukraine

During the concert of the legendary Irish rock band U2 in Las Vegas, USA, frontman Bono, who has been actively supporting Ukraine in the war with Russia since the first days of the full-scale invasion, addressed the public and the US authorities with a call to “give Ukrainians everything they need”.

He reminded that very soon, on 24 February 2024, it will be two years since Putin invaded Ukraine. The rocker noted that today Ukrainians are fighting for the freedom of the whole world, and if we stop helping, Russian aggression will spread to other countries. The corresponding video from the concert was posted on the Telegram channel of the UNITED24 fundraising platform. (Telegram: Contact @U24_gov_ua)

Sunday B___dy Sunday - U2

4 Likes

Some were quite heavy and anarchic but good musically. How they get away with songs like “Farewell To The Crown” without being banned in England is unbelievable, but… What do I know! :thinking: :hugs:

Today Kurt Cobain would have turned 57 years

Nirvana - In Bloom

4 Likes

It’s insane how diverse they were musically. I’m just getting familiar with most of their stuff and there are so many amazing songs.

As for being banned, I really don’t think that could have happened in the late 90s. Even 20 years earlier the Sex P____ls got away with some airplay restrictions. And while I personally don’t like them they must have been a bigger threat culturally than wacky one hit wonder Chumbawamba (who conversely are a much more talented, more authentic, musically better and overall more likeable group).