Sylva & Carlson

5 Likes

5 Likes

You’re right when you say it’s a matter of personal taste. Having been a photographer for decades, I know how subjective photography can be. After viewing 1000s upon 1000s of photos through those years, I guess quality is ingrained in my brain.

To me, this is better quality…

Than this, everyday, but nothing is perfect. I’m just going for better.

I also love it when they look directly into the camera.

If you want to add text, or other things to the photo, like on the right side, this is true. I cropped it because I prefer a more uncluttered photo that focuses on and draws attention to the main subject.

3 Likes

I think I am totally misunderstood/mistaken.

I don’t mean to degrade your work, and I wish I could do what you do with the pics I sometimes take. What I meant is the appearance of some “modified” photos. Off course, in the two examples above, the upper version looks more detailed, but one has to watch out, that some faces don’t look like “wax”, and loose the “agility/life” if a photographer can give that to a standing photo. As you are experienced, I suppose you know what I’m trying to tell, although my language in specific terms is limited.

As far as potential in the whole scene goes, I meant in the two minute sequence there were a couple mor “snaps” that would qualify. That’s all. Just a statement of my opinion, no critizism.

2 Likes

Ngapa Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

2 Likes

No, I got it, really, and I wasn’t offended, at all. I didn’t think you were criticizing me or degrading anything. I was just showing what I prefer. As I said, photography is a very subjective art, everyone likes what they like, and that’s OK.

And, your English is just fine.

2 Likes

13 Likes

Sibilla goes to Mcdonalds.

13 Likes

Oh there is an animal I got slightly distracted at first and that smile :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

25 Likes

16 Likes

Nice Sunday rest time on the beach

17 Likes

Today on the menu: chicken hearts with mashed potatoes, and a flower arrangement from Sylva in the meantime :wink:
#Timelapse

@Carlson_realm92 you wanted to say something about the recipe…

Sylva surprised me… when she took the first heart out of the package I thought it was for the dog. But it wasn’t…

9 Likes

salt pepper, fry onion in oli, then add hERrtZ (marinated in sour cream beforehand), but you can fry them and then stew them with sour cream. if you like a thick sauce, add a tablespoon of flour. it is also good to add dill and parsley at the end). Cook at low leve abou 10-15 min.
It is also interesting that Silva makes lightly salted cucumbers or zucchini as an additive. thinly - like carpaccio - sliced, salted and then crumpled a little - an instant way to get low-salted vegetables

9 Likes

I don’t know who this is, and I don’t have another picture to compare it to, but this shot looked very strange to me. Her head, neck and shoulders look much smaller than the rest of her. I’m sure it has to do with the camera angle/position, and maybe the lens.

So, I made a slight adjustment to try and compensate for it.

Original

New

Thanks to @Mohrchi for the original to play with.

11 Likes

Beautiful picture Nice work !! That is Pure Kitty :heart:

6 Likes

Actually you should know Kitty by now… :wink: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I don’t see Kitty as much as Sylva. Sylva is everywhere.
:grin:

6 Likes

You don’t know how right you are, buddy!!

4 Likes

Thanks a lot, Eros. Very much appreciated.

1 Like