Discussion about Hamas attack on Israel and conflict (Operation Iron Sword)

Russia will want sanctions removed from Iran, which will in turn lead to more weapons arriving from Iran to Moscow. IMO.

They are the real enemy there. I fully support and encourage every action necessary to remove the Iranian leadership from power.

I was only speculating that as a pre-condition for peace talks that Russia would stipulate that sanctions are removed from Tehran. That would be catastrophic for all parties. The world is split into two camps now with the EU, UK and the USA (along with their allies Japan Canada and Australia) against the Global South and possibly Latin America having pro Russian Governments. India is sitting on the fence at the moment. I think the Iran should be ostracised by the International Community as well.

The terrible thing is that there are already several hundred dead civilians. Over 100 in Israel and 200 in the counterstrike (where I also assume there are many civilians).

Unfortunately the number will continue to rise on both sides…

It’s sad to see innocent people are being killed by radical extremists on both sides. IMO religions are the roots of all evil.

To us in the west it seems as though , if a fly crosses the border into Israel and shits , the Israeli leadership retaliates with numerous clusterbombs…massive over reaction!! Which then triggers a reaction!! By agreement , the Israelis were given land to set up there own state…but that has not satisfied them it seems …they want to rule the whole of the Middle East!!!

I an afraid it has little to do with religion. You need to start with the Balfour Declaration and work backwards. While I support peaceful democracies such as Israel you have to accept that it is a state built on historical theft, a fact that has largely gone unnoticed by all but the original victims, namely the Palestinians. I remember being shown legal title deeds by old men to properties occupied illegaly by Israelis. Who would they complain to?
I would say the onus is on Israel to recognise this. One day the Arab Israeli population will outnumber non arab israelis which you would think would give them a legitimate democratic mandate but no, the Israelis change the rules. Hardly surprising that the Palestinians feel imprisoned and destined to a second class life for them and their children.
It is more convenient and less risky for the Israelis to subjugate and isolate the Palestinians however. This needs to stop.
I disagree with Travon. Israel has no real territorial ambitions. I repeat it is a democracy. In this day and age, that matters.

If you look into the roots of this conflict you’d understand it has everything to do with religions. the jews believe it’s their promised land based on their religious teachings and muslims claim that its the second holiest place in Islam. so the both sides are ready to kill and be killed for this piece of land. It’s just crazy.

Was that really a fly or hundreds of terrorists shelling, murdering and captivating civils today? What would be a proportionate response? :thinking:

1 Like

Fully agree. It’s totally not helping anybody bringing up things which happened in the past or talking who was at fault.
The main thing is right now terrorists are attacking the territory of a souvereign state causing havoc, killing civilians and mocking the bodies of dead soldiers.
Just like Ukraine the attacked state has the right using all actions necessary to defend and restore peace again :+1:

It’s what happened in the past, right back to the crusades, that is fuelling the troubles today.

If I were you I would go back to some conflicts happened between two rival tribes in the stone age :man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

Ok, just shows that we and them have never learned from the past and so we are commited to stupidly repeating it over and over again. May your god help us all.

There is no god.

Today, since morning, I have been in constant contact with our diplomats and intelligence. Due to the terrorist attack on Israel and the threat to our citizens in Israel, an operational headquarters has been established under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine.

As of now, the information about the possible death of one Ukrainian citizen is being verified and the search for two of our citizens is underway. Please, dear Ukrainians, if you are in Israel now, be as careful as possible. Follow the instructions of the security forces and take care of yourself and others around you. If you need anything, please contact our embassy by any means available to you – Ukraine will help all its people, no matter what.

Today, the whole world has seen horrific footage from Israel – footage of terrorists abusing women and men, taking even the elderly hostage without mercy…

Today’s terrorist attack on Israel was thoroughly prepared, and the whole world understands which terror sponsors could have encouraged and organized this attack.

Israel has every right to protect itself from terror. So does any other state. No support for terrorists!
Let the value of human life and the intolerance of terror be the principles that will finally unite the whole world.

In response to tower bombing in Gaza centre, Hamas launches major rocket attack with 150 rockets on Tel Aviv - Hamas statement

Sirens are sounding in the city.

FTP Mobilisation Subscribe (Telegram: Join Group Chat):page_with_curl:

Israel’s air defence system shoots down Hamas rockets - @AteoBreaking

Then you have no one to pray to, just look after you and yours the best you can and always be kind.

I don’t need anybody to pray to. I believe in myself and my friends and loved ones

Power to your elbow, thats the best we can ask of ourselves.