Did (Do) You Know

…when the country of Montenegro declared it’s independence in 2006, it’s internet domain was changed from ‘yu’ to ‘me’.

1 Like

… that the GDR was the only country who never used its assigned internet TLD (.dd)

1 Like

I do now.
:+1:

1 Like

1. Pluviophile

Love a rainy day? You’re a pluviophile.

2. Gynotikolobomassophile

This one’s easier to do than to pronounce: A gynotikolobomassophile enjoys nibbling on women’s earlobes.

3. Turophile

Turophiles have never met a cheese plate they didn’t like. They pair well with wine-loving oenophiles.

4. Pogonophile

Someone who loves beards and possibly 2/3 of ZZ Top.

5. Ailurophile

Cat lovers are technically called ailurophiles.

6. Cynophile

Cynophiles prefer dogs and are not to be confused with movie-loving cinephiles.

7. Coulrophile

Look out, Ronald McDonald. Coulrophiles don’t just find clowns, jesters, and mimes amusing. They’re sexually attracted to them.

8. Ergophile

Don’t call them workaholics. Ergophiles just love being productive.

I believe Ariela is an ergophile.

9. Arctophile

A 30-year-old who collects teddy bears isn’t weird. He or she’s an arctophile.

10. Stigmatophile

Someone who’s obsessed with tattoos or branding.

We have a lot of those at VHTV.

11. Zoophiles

Lots of people love animals, but zoophiles want to really love animals, if you know what we mean.

12. Peristerophile

A peristerophile would never call a pigeon a “flying rat.” They adore the birds.

13. Stegophile

Alain Robert, known as the French Spider-Man, is a world famous stegophile. He’s climbed the Eiffel Tower, the Sydney Opera House, and the New York Times Building just for fun.

14. Clinophile

Clinophile literally translates to a person who loves beds. Psychiatrists associate the word with sleep disorders and the desire to stay in a reclining position.

15. Chrysophile

File this one under “Words We’d Like To Hear In A Rap Song.” Chrysophiles have a thing for bling, specifically gold

1 Like

…that the fear of very, very long words is called hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia?

1 Like

Hahaha!! LOL!! Yes, I’ve read about that one before, but it wasn’t in this article.

1 Like

Me at my first AA meeting:

“Hello, my name is GladNGrumpy, and I’m an ailurophile.”

:stuck_out_tongue: :innocent: :laughing:

1 Like

1 Like

Cool topic, I just discovered it today. Didn’t really men to turn it into Funny’s & Jokes Part 2, so I guess I’ll have to come up with sometning.

…that there is a village in central France called Anus.

Well, at least I tried :innocent:

1 Like

There is a town near me called “Wixhausen” in English: “Wankers home”
And it is part of a bigger village called “Darmstadt” in English “Colon town” :joy: :joy:

1 Like

…that there was a small Austrian village called Fucking. For some reason, they decided to change the name to Fugging in 2021.

Still trying :innocent:

1 Like

So, “wix” in English means “wanker”?

1 Like

nearly . wichsen (chs becomes x when speaking) in German is wanking in English

1 Like

Gotcha, but what’s “wanker”. I need it for Robwin. Or, “tosser”.
:innocent: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

maybe you can explain it to him with an example:

this is Wankman:

please don’t confuse it with Venkman!!!

:grin:

1 Like

… that a radio hole is called in English Black Spot, but e.g. in German and French White Spot

1 Like

And for those, like me, who have never heard of a radio hole.

Strong fading of the radio signal at some position in space along an air-to-air or air-to-ground path; the effect is caused by the abnormal refraction of radio waves.

1 Like

…that there is a page on Wikipedia that lists places with unusual names.

Now, for my next vacation, where to go…?

1 Like

this list will never be complete. I could e.g. add ‘Saurasen’ (‘Sau’ = female pig, ‘rasen’ has 2 very different meanings in german: a: meadow, b: driving/moving very fast). Either ‘Saurasen’ is a pig meadow or a raging sow

1 Like

That’s a lot of places, and I only looked at the rude ones.
:rofl: :rofl: :innocent:

1 Like